Sunday, November 05, 2006

Class of 1977 in 2006

LET EVERYONE KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING NOW!

E-MAIL YOUR CURRENT AND OLD PHOTOS AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOU'RE UP TO AND WE'LL POST THEM HERE. ken_borland@hotmail.com


___________________________________________________________

Click on any photo to see it full sized
___________________________________________________________





Bernie Punt discovers his long lost brother, Will Ferrell on the 2008 Funny Or Die Tour. While discussing how many Thanksgiving dinners they missed together, the two realize that they are also related to Wes Gabriel from a fortune cookie that they were both fighting over. Will, Bernie and Wes have yet to make any arrangements for a reunion, but are certainly trying…




Professionally, Bernie is the sales and marketing director at Penn State’s Bryce Jordan Center, the largest arena between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. He also teaches a public assembly facility course at Penn State and is a co-owner
of a restaurant, bar and hotel in State College soon to be named “Weekend at Bernie’s.”

Privately, Bernie lived as a hermit for many years in the woods in Central Pennsylvania, and befriended many species of wildlife, in particular, a black bear named “Sparky.” He then lived on the streets in Los Angeles where he instantly garnered “street cred” as a gangsta rapper wearing nothing but designer boxer shorts. His oldest daughter, Carleigh is now a sophomore at Penn State and his younger daughter, Darby is a high school junior. His wife Kathy rolls her eyes and sighs a lot while Bernie tries a comeback in the rap world.





These scary creatures once roamed the earth...
...Without having to breath heavy and make a lot of potty stops...

L to R.
Ken Borland, Steve Gehrlein, Kim Owen Prusack, Kenny Porter, Joel Ashinhurst, Eric Miller. Joel served overseas in the Gulf . He is retired from the US Marines, and now his son is serving in Iraq.

Ken shot a story for CNN on gun owners and hunters and used Kim Owen Prusack, his wife Teri (DHS '79) and his son Nick and a few of their friends as the subject of the story. See it here....
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/06/26/guns.in.america/
(click on the the photo of the hunter in camo on the bottom middle of the CNN screen for the video to play)









Went to school at Temple University. Met Sherri, my wife, during Sophomore Year. Studied abroad in Rome, Italy during my Junior year (1979-80). After college joined the US Air Force to become an officer and a pilot. Left USAF (1991) after 7 1/2 years of service and went into the Telecommunications Industry. Married with two wonderful children, Rachel (in college) and Joshua (in High School). Currently, living in Plano, TX (Dallas suburb). Bob Massarella



After graduating from West Chester Univ, I started working in the semiconductor industry. I was married in the summer of '82 to a great lady I met at West Chester. We lived in New York and North Carolina and eventually settle in the Silicon Valley close to San Jose Calif. We have a 21 year old son and a 9 year old daughter. I continue to be involved in semiconductor and nano tech company development. I have never made any of the reunions but enjoyed seeing the pictures from the 30th last summer. Best Wishes to All, Paul Pickering



Sorry I can't make it. Wish I could be there. I am having a graduation party for my son that day.. have a great time all..... Sandy Lasorda



Nicholas DiFonzo earned his Ph.D. in Social & Organizational Psychology from Temple University in 1994 where he was awarded the Marianthi Georgoudi Dissertation Award for philosophical and theoretical contributions to the field of Psychology. He is currently Professor of Psychology at Rochester Institute of Technology. He is a member of numerous professional associations including the American Psychological Association, the American Psychological Society, and the Society for Personality and Social Psychologists. DiFonzo currently serves as consulting editor for The Journal of Social Psychology. Dr. DiFonzo has published approximately 30 articles, book chapters, and technical reports pertaining to the topic of rumor. His book, Rumor Psychology: Social & Organizational Psychology (written with Prashant Bordia), was published by the American Psychological Association (2007). He has studied how rumors propagate through networks in social space and across time, the mechanisms by which rumors become accurate or distorted, motivations involved in rumor transmission, processes involved in believing a rumor, how rumor is differentiated from other forms of communication, the effects of hearing rumors and hearing rumor denials, psychological mechanisms by which rumors are effectively refuted, how rumor processes are affected by organizational trust, and how rumors influence social and economic behavior. He has also pursued practical applications of rumor theory including how harmful rumors may be most effectively refuted. Dr. DiFonzo has also given approximately 30 presentations and invited addresses at academic conferences on these topics, as well as several seminars to business audiences on the topic of managing rumors. Dr. DiFonzo recently received a grant from the National Science Foundation to investigate how rumors propagate through social networks over time. He has also received grants from the Institute for Public Relations to study corporate rumors, their effects, and how top corporate public relations officers handle them. Dr. DiFonzo organized and maintains an Internet discussion group, Rumor-GossipResearch@listserver.rit.edu for scholars interested in the topics of rumor and gossip. Dr. DiFonzo is currently serving as expert witness for the Procter & Gamble Corporation on the topic of the famous (and false) Satanism rumor and product rumors.
Nicholas DiFonzo, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology
Rochester Institute of Technology



Ordained into Ministry May, 2006
After a twenty year business career, I felt a call to enter professional ministry, so I left the businesses I worked with to enter seminary. I graduated from Lancaster Theological Seminary in 2002, and after a process of prepatation I will be ordained into the United Methodist Church on June 23rd, 2006. I am working as the Senior Pastor of a congregation in Lancaster, Pa and am enjoying my current career very much. If anyone else out there is considering a career change, I can assure you that the results are worth the cost of the trip! Bernard Kefer




HEY! Thanks to all who have organized this reunion! Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 28th! Jay and I have lived in the Shenandoah Valley for over 20 years now. We have raised 2 boys and are hoping to "move out west" real soon! After a long career of working shifts as a nurse in the hospital I've decided to return to school to get a Graduate Degree in Nursing Education. I plan to begin a new career in a university setting teaching undergraduate nursing students. I've worked in a variety of settings - med/surg, dialysis, critical care, obstetrics, and most recently neonatal ICU. I love my work but the pace is demanding - I'm wearing out!! My interests include family, hiking (the Blue Ridge), golfing and skiing (esp. Utah)! I haven't kept in touch with anyone so can't wait to see y'all!
Dean Warner - please make every effort to attend!
Cindy Comstock Veenis





Hi everyone!
Good to be making contact again with old friends. My bio? Where do I start...
From Pennsylvania, I've lived in Michigan, South Carolina, back to Pennsylvania, then to California and now in Arizona. I've been all over southeast Asia and I lived in Singapore for 9 months in the early 90s. I have been married twice, to a California girl and a Thai lady, and divorced twice, and now working towards my third marriage - my fiancee, Ronalyn, is from Taguig City in the Philippines. I'm a practicing buddhist who is also a staunch conservative. Try to figure that one out :D I have two boys, (almost)13 & 14, and I'm a busy busy single Dad right now. I have a house in Chandler, Arizona and a house in Taguig City, where I plan to retire. We have a store on the first floor of the house in Taguig, and we plan on building apartments next door. I also want to have a factory where I can build some of the cool things I have thought of over the years. I do hardware, software and firmware in my career and my last travel was to Hong Kong, China and the Philippines. Next travel will probably be all the above, plus South Korea and Japan. I've learned some Thai, I'm trying to get fluent in Tagalog, and I'm working on being able to understand spoken Cantonese. It's nice to know what your customer is saying behind your back - heh.
If any of that old crazy gang is around - Sarah Wagoner, Cathy Kipp, Tanya Middleton, Jeanette Hanson, Janie Theis - get in touch! I've thought about you all over the years and I would like to know how you all made out. Lots of others, too, but age is going to make me get out our yearbook to remember names! Maryland Or Bust! Remember the Haunted House! Timothy Carlson







Kevin O'Brian, Bernie Punt, Dennis Dankanich (?), Scott Thatcher








Stephen Hart



Jill (Kulokoski) Hartung

Very interesting that you picked the date of July 28th! Steve Hart and I will be getting married on that date! Yes, we first met in 1971, and it took us all this time to finally hook up! We are having a simple wedding, as this is not the first for either of us. It looks like we might be spending our wedding night at our class reunion!!!
We will be looking forward to hearing more about it, so keep us posted.

Jill (Kulokoski) Hartung and Steve Hart









Katy Welch Fratti







I'm looking forward to the reunion. Only wish there was time for fat camp and a face lift. Trying to talk Hillary Weiss Latham into meeting me there. Just found her phone number. Once inseperable, we haven't seen one another in person in years, though I'm told she's holding up way better than me.

These days I'm living in Yardley, Pa., and writing a thrice weekly human interest column for the Bucks County Courier Times, part of the Calkins Media group. Married 25 years to Ray Fratti, (met him in my freshman year at Penn State). I'm trying to get used to empty nest status. Our daughter, 23, is living in Rome, Italy. She's interning for the American Institute of Roman Something (read no pay) and waitressing tables to pay her rent. (I am jealous.) Our son, 21, is a corporal in the United States Marine Corps stationed at Camp LeJeune, N.C. Been deployed once on the USS Iwo Jima, but never got further than Kuwait because the ship was part of the Lebanon evacuation last summer. I'm feeling blessed, he's feeling frustrated. Probably looking at deployment again in winter. I'll pretend he's on a long camping trip.

See you in July













Cindy Rimes Fountain





I used to be Cindy Rimes and I graduated in 1977. I'm trying to get connected with some friends from HS. In 1990 I married Augustus Way Fountain III and began a wonderful life as a military wife. We suffered through the first Gulf War with the 82nd ABN, grad school at Florida State and 12 years at West Point. My husband, Way, taught chemistry at the academy until he retired from the army in 2006. We live in Bel Air, MD now. Our son Stewart is in high school. I've been fortunate to be a stay-at-home mom and volunteer as I wanted.
































Ed Kolar, David Lasoff, Steve Kolar, and Chris Morse. Usually up to no good!

Ed Kolar
I met my Spouse: College Chemistry class.
My Kids: They are smart, good looking, and almost too much to handle.
My Job: More work than I can handle, but it's not boring.
My Highschool friends: Lost touch with all but two.




I have been happily married for the past 18 years and live in West Chester . My wife and I have 2 sons, Ryan, 14 who is getting ready for his freshman year at Bishop Shanahan High School and Kevin, 9, who attends St. Maximilian Kolbe School. I operate a moving and delivery Service Company as well as a lawn care business. Between the two companies and coaching my sons’ baseball teams, I am always busy! This is a great web site and I’ve enjoyed the pictures and reading all of the messages. Thanks to those who put this together. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend our 30th reunion as we will be away on vacation. I wish everyone a great time! Rob Singer




Steve Gehrlein married Rosemary Russo on 7/25/03. We have three teenaged children between us, all in college. Rosemary is an executive assistant at Cabrini College in Radnor, PA. I am a transportation manager for Sunoco’s central PA trucking terminals. We live in the King of Prussia area.


Coach Steve Gehrlein, top left. My son Todd is in the second row, third from the right. Hey Jesse, my team can whoop your team! Youse guys want of piece of this?


Drew and Anita Schwartz
Drew Schwartz on Mt.Sinai Eqypt.


Drew Schwartz
My career achievements include twenty years of financial, business development and manufacturing and service business experience, starting in 1985 with the entrepreneurial founding of a clinical laboratory which served veterinarians. Most recently, I managed and built a custom building-materials company and then led the negotiations for its sale to Owens Corning, a Fortune 500 company. After two years of helping the company transition to its new management structure, I left the business. I am now working full-time on my own behalf; to identify, to evaluate, and to purchase a business to operate.









Jesse Shutt I'm divorced for over 4 years now, separated almost 6 years though. I'm living in a home I purchased over 2 years ago in the Pottstown area. I have two wonderful children who live with their mother near Boyertown, PA and they are both very dear to me. I'm in the process of moving on with my life, currently unattached, having not found if there's a certain someone that God intends to be at my side, or if it's simply no longer in His plan for me. In the meantime, Ludmila, the "puppy" is now nearly 6 years old, and still keeping me on my toes. She's also working hard to keep the lone cat "Cassie" aware that while the house belongs to Cassie, the world outside belongs to "Mila" ... :) I continue to sing in a community choir in the Pottstown Area ... The Coventry Singers, and love almost any kind of music. I still don't read music (that cursed ear!) but I do like to play (with) the Piano or whatever keyboards I can get my hands on. I've learned a great deal about myself, my family, and some of those inevitable "dark secrets" that have only crept out in the last few years ... now that I've had some time to digest them, I'm much better off with the understanding of them. Anyway, I'm always interested in good conversations and perhaps a cup of coffee or other a light meal during same. If you've got a mind to chat, I've got an ear to hear. I hope all is well with you and hope to hear from you sometime soon.




Debi Trego Lloyd

Debi Trego Lloyd with George Hickman

I live in Pomeroy - near Coatesville/Parkesburg. I work at a pharmaceutical company in Lionville as an Executive Assistant and have been there for over 12 years. I married and divorced and have two kids - the light of my life - no grandchildren yet but hopefully in my future! My son will graduate from West Chester University with a degree in Criminal Justice this Spring and my daughter graduates high school this year - also going to WCU as well. Otherwise, my life is very normal, active, and blessed...looking forward to seeing many at the upcoming reunion!



Sandra O'brien Brettler

Hi! I miss all my friends at DHS. I lived in NC for 4 years then moved back to good old PA. I'm married now, with 2 children--Rachel is 10vyrs. old and John is 6 1/2 yrs. old. Both growing like weeds. My husband and I live in Palmyra, PA. I work at the Hershey Medical Center in the Neurosurgery as a Gamma Knife Nurse Coordinator. Love my job. I'd love to hear from some fellow classmates. Looking forward to hearing from everyone.




Mike Epperson

Went partying after graduation, left town before I sobbered up and have not been back. Married 28 years to a lovely lady Zoe who gave me 5 children. Retired Army (tanks, recriuting) Currently a mechanic for the U.S. Postal Service in Harrisburg, Pa. I will not be at the reunion but would like to purchase a copy of the Memories Book if possible. I don't do computer so this is like message number three to get everything said. soorry





Thor Cheyne




Wes Gabriel
(bottom, second from left)
Saudi, King Fahad airfield, Desert Shield.




Dave Salinas

David Sanko
Keep me informed about 30th. Hope all is well. Will be good to see many folks…..






Bernie Punt and Pal
Nice to see familar names from the past...except...who the hell are those guys? Let me know of your next get together as I will try to get Kevin O'Brien's cross-dressing lardy arse to join me.






Kim Owen Prusack and friend













Alicia and I just celebrated our 20th year together in 2007. We got married in 1991, but that was just to quite down my restless relatives. Her's didn't mind us taking our time one bit... go figure. I always thought they were holding out hope that some guy with his own plane would come calling. I inflated the mortality rates for those during final negotiations....sealed the deal right up. SUCKERS....

I've been in NYC since 1983, with the exception of one year we spent living in London in '87. I even have that "homey hitch-step" down pat and start most sentences with, "YoYoYo...!!!" I look out my window at midnight and dozens of people are still strolling down the sidewalk like it's noon. They're right... this city NEVER sleeps.... "BUT WE'RE TRYING TO... SO KEEP IT DOWN...!!!"
Ken Borland




David Hellhake






Michele Howington Zito

Mike and Karen Madrigale, Jeff Hoehing, Cyndi Seymour McCafferty


Mike and Karen Madrigale, Jeff Hoehing, Michele Howington Zito, Pam Wight-Mahoney, Cyndi Seymour McCafferty





Cynthia Starr




Robert Schoonmaker


Sam Carbo






Madison Westmoreland
Lived in Downingtown 18 years. A graduate of D-town High in 1977. Joined the Navy in 1978. Got to see most of the world Married in 1986. Seperated in April 2003. Currently stationed in Virginia Beach. Still in the US Navy and enjoying life. To all my class mates please communicate with me. I havent seen many of you for at least 25 years.
MAINTENANCE MASTER CHIEF CVW-17
AVCM (AW/SW) MADISON IS A NATIVE OF DOWNINGTOWN, PENNSYLVANIA. GRADUATED DOWNINGTOWN HIGH IN JUNE 1977. JOINED THE US NAVY IN MAY 1978, ATTENDING RECRUIT TRAINING GREAT LAKES, IL. ATTENDED AVIATION ELECTRICIAN SCHOOL IN MEMPHIS, TN. AND REPORTED TO VF-41 FOR DUTY WORKING ON F-14 AIRCRAFT AND DEPLOYING ON THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS NIMITZ 1980 -1984. RETURNED BACK TO MEMPHIS, TN FOR TRAINING AND CHANGED RATES TO AX AND REPORTED TO VX-1 IN PAX RIVER, MD. WORKING A VARIETY OF ASW AIRCRAFT (H-2,H-3,H-60 HELICOPTERS AND P-3 AND S-3 AIRCRAFT) 1984-1988.TRANSFERED FROM THERE AND REPORTED TO HS-12 DEPLOYING ON THE USS MIDWAY, HOMEPORT YOKOSUKA, JAPAN WORKING THE H-3 HELICOPTER 1988-1992. FOUGHT IN THE GULF WAR. ADVANCED TO PETTY OFFICER FIRST CLASS.WENT BACK TO MEMPHIS, TN FOR ADVANCED ELECTRONIC TRAINING AND REPORTED TO VF-101 WORKING ON F-14 AIRCRAFT, 1992-1995. ADVANCED TO CHIEF PETTY OFFICER. REPORTED TO VF-143 DEPLOYING ON USS GEORGE WASHINGTON WORKING ON F-14B AIRCRAFT 1995-1998. FROM THERE I REPORTED TO STAFF DUTY AT NAS OCEANA IN VA BEACH AT FIGHTER WING ATLANTIC AND WAS AVIONICS SYSTEM ADVISOR 1998-2001. ADVANCED TO SENIOR CHIEF PETTY OFFICER. TRANSFERED FROM THERE TO VF-32 DEPLOYING ON THE USS HARRY S TRUMAN WORKING ON F-14B AIRCRAFT. FOUGHT IN THE SECOND GULF WAR 2001-2003. ADVANCED TO MASTER CHIEF PETTY OFFICER. CURRENTLY SERVING AT CARRIER AIRWING SEVENTEEN AS THE MAINTENCE MASTER CHIEF WILL BE DEPLOYING ON THE USS JOHN F. KENNEDY.



Michael Waldrop
HI DHS Classmates from '77. WOW, has it really been that long?. I left Downingtown area in '80 for Dallas TX. Then relocated to Western PA in '82 and currently live about 20 miles from Pittsburgh. I met my wife, Barb, at work in '83 and we have to great kids Heather (12) and Brian (7). I work for Kennametal Inc in Latrobe PA as the Global Logistics Manager.
I recently returned to Downingtown for the first time in 20 years this past fall during a trip to Atlantic City. I took Barb around to see all the highlights, one of which was to be lunch at Bill Morris's. I was really bummed to find that it had closed.
It was fun to read and get an update on everyone. About 6 years ago I posted a comment on classmates.com in hopes of finding old friends. I did get a chance to correspond with Bernie Punt and Bill Roepe (Thanks guys). But I am still looking for Jack Waiboer, Tim Velte, Craig Thomas and Bob Golding. If anyone knows their where abouts pass on my e-mail Mike.Waldrop@comcast.net. I really enjoyed reading all the posts, I saw mine from classmates.com Thanks to who ever did that. Looking forward to the next reunion, I missed 30. Sad to read about all the passings already, even thought the class of 77 is turning 50 this year (YIKES) it is way to young to cross the finish line. Take care all.



Keely Byford

Hey class of 1977 - I am missing my old buddies from Downingtown - I would love to here from you and catch up - it's been a long time and I hope life has treated you and yours well. If you would love to get in touch with me, please email me. Hey Ro, aka Fergi - I saw you had posted something a while ago, but for some reason I kept getting an error message - so, maybe you will email me. Also, Terri Evoli where are you? I hope life has treated you to some happiness and prosperity - if you see this email, or anyone knows how to get in touch with her, please let her know. Happy days and remember, live each day as if your hair is on fire


Alicia Paradise
I let the rsvp date get away from me as I've been busy with our wedding plans. (We are getting married on August 25th.) If you can still add two people, I'll send the money or have the parents bring you cash :) I'm including my info for the memories book and attaching a flyer about my mountain house in Deep Creek, Maryland. Not sure if you've ever been to Deep Creek, but it's gorgeous! If you can't fit us in, see you in ten! Occupation: Marketing Manager. Spouse Name: Mario Garza (his occupation, engineer for NASA - much more interesting :) # children: 4 (2 mine, 2 his) miles to get home to D'town: 120. about myself: I recently purchased a vacation home in Deep Creek, Maryland. It's a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home with stone fireplace, hardwood floors, recessed lighting, crown molding, stainless steel appliances and jacuzzin tub. We have a pool table, foosball table and large deck overlooking the bonfire/firepit. It's one and a half acres only three miles from the lake, Wisp ski area, golf, white water rafting, waterfalls and great hiking trails. The friends and family rate is $250 for a weekend or $500 for a week. If you want more information, email me and I will send you pictures.



Christoher Bryan
Wife's Name Gwen Snavely from Hershey PA for 13 wonderful years. No Kids. Gwen & I own a glass shop in Lititz PA - The North Star of Lititz. I'm a business manager at D&E Communications in Ephrata PA. I Graduated from Drexel U - Math/Computer Science Major in 1982. Something Interesting: I do glass lampworking using a torch.


Barbara Dunwoody Cramer
Hi All,
Sorry I cannot be there but I wanted to drop you
all a line, and let you know that I have been living in the
Pocono's.
I have two children a son: Eric who is 19 years
old, and graduated from East Stroudsburg South High School last year, and will
be starting his second year at East Stroudsburg University, majoring in Media
Communications. My Daughter is 14 years old and will be in entering the
9th grade at East Stroudsburg South High School. She plays Alto sax and
is planning on marching with the High School band (we were just
notifield that they will be marching in Disney this April), and she also plays
Field Hockey, and travel soccer for the LV Magic Soccer club.

My Husband and I will be celebrating are 25th
wedding anav. this July. He currently works for Pocono Produce Company,
located in Stroudsburg. I work for LTS Builders located in East
Stroudsburg area, and currently have my PA Real Estate Lic.



Karen Downing Brown
I'm here in Narvon, PA (between Honey Brook and Morgantown). Didn't travel too far - Lived in Downingtown/Eagle for 8 years after school, Wagontown for 18 years, and here in Narvon for 4 years. I was married for 10 years to my high school sweatheart and classmate, Vince Freas, but then became a statistic. We had one son, who is now 24 (no grandchildren). After remaining single for 16 years, I took the plunge again in 2003. I'm an Appraiser - Heavy Equipment Specialist for Erie Insurance company. I think I have "run into" some of my former classmates when I did auto claims in Chester County as well as on the baseball field when I coached Little League in Caln from 1988 - 2001. Now that we're all "grown up", I look forward to seeing some of my former friends and classmates to talk about the good old days and maybe even find that now, 30 years later, we have things in common.


Bern Kefer
I attended West Chester part time for five years- (78-83),studying Public Administration with a minor in Geography and Planning, and later English/Literature. I left with seven semesters complete in 1983, finally returning to complete my BS in Liberal Studies in 1989. I have fond memories of visiting with friends in Sanderson Hall, of spending a year as an RA in Killinger Hall, and of many visits to an off campus apartment known as "Pinners". I enjoyed all my time a WCSC and miss the friends that I have lost touch with. If you read this, send me an e-mail and let's get caught up!I am currently serving as the Senior Pastor of a United Methoddist Church (surprise!, and I'm married, have three children, and still live in the area.
In High School I wanted to join the Coast Guard and be a career military officer, but poor eyesight kept me out of the service.Instead I went to West Chester State College and picked up a Liberal Arts Degree, then spent twenty years in various businesses and management positions. I married my college sweet-heart and had three children Matthew (born 1989) Chris (born 1990) and Elizabeth (born 1992). We owned a home in Coatesville for ten years, then moved to Lancaster County so I could go to graduate school and complete my Seminary education. I graduated from Lancaster Theological Seminary in May of 2002 and am currently serving as the Senior Pastor of Community United Methodist Church in Bridgeport PA. AS a second career pastor I have a lot of life experience to offer my congregation and I am really enjoying my work. I'd love to hear from any old friends who might read this.



Wayne Kelton
I am happily married with 2 kids G/14 and B/11, living in Indiana.



Jane Theis
I continued the interest in jewelry making that i discovered in high school, & now have my own workshop/studio right on jeweler's row, Sansom St. in downtown Philadelphia. I've now been an artist/ designer for 30 years. I've been living downtown & working on jeweler's row 25 years. Single, happy, very fulfilled. No children i'm aware of.



Scott Long
29 years in a paragraph...worked at the Downingtown Motor Inn for a year (now gone), college at Penn, medical school and graduate school in Pittsburgh, residency in Philadelphia, fellowship in Baltimore, living again in Pittsburgh since 1997. Married in 2004. Parents and siblings still in Chester County, but rarely do anything in the area except visit them. Still think about Ocean City after H.S., but now spend a week each year in Avalon. Travel elsewhere when we can. Life is good, but how did we get to be 46?


Kim (Pomanto) Ritchie
Still living in Dtown.
Work in WC for a Telecommunications Co.
You can frequently see me driving my Harley Davidson
around the area...Home base is Smaltz HD in Eagle, Pa.
I have a Sportster and a Brand New 2005 Dyna Low Rider...
Please be aware of motorcycle riders when you drive your cars..
Best friend is still "Cindy Starr"...LOL....
Live to Ride/Ride to Live Ride Safe
"Are we havin fun or what?" (Stretch Smaltz)
Eagle HOG is the Best HOG around..(Harley Owners Group)


Gordon “Bill” Roepe
Back in school, ya'll knew me by "Bill". I decided to start using Gordon (actual given name) when I finally grew up. Living in SC and FL. Only child is 7 year old Cocker Spaniel. It was great to "see" so many faces when scrolling down the lists.


Sandra LasordaHey,
Can't wait for the reunion.



Barb (Baldwin) Colasante
Jesse Shutt told me about the reunion. I'd LOVE to see everyone again so please include my email on your reunion list. Thanks for organizing this after 30 years! I have Barb Smith's contact information so I'll tell her about this so she can sign up, too.


Drew LondonHey guys!! I'm still alive!! Someone forwarded me your information and thought to add my contact information to all of those that have been searching in vain for me. I am seriously considering coming to the 30th reunion. Looking forward to hearing from you.


Lorraine (Clarke) Davis
Hey everyone! I left D-town in 1982 and have been living in Mesa Arizona, which is just east of Phoenix. It's awesome hearing from so many friends from the Class of '77!! Please keep me posted on the progress!


Cyndi Seymour McCafferty
I plan on being at the reunion meeting.


Patti Gabriel Capriotti
Hello, Love the 1977 blog...so funny.


Kathy Murphy Iezzi
I think a reunion sounds nice. Your idea's are good too. (no pink bellies needed here)
I missed the last reunion. Some one told me later no one knew how to get in touch with me, yet my brother David knew all about it and just assumed I did too. I live in Pottstown with my husband Mike and my two boys Brian 13 and Nick 11. Believe this or not but I now drive a school bus for Owen J. Roberts schools which allows me to have the same schedule as the boys. Life is good. I would like to be kept up to date on the reunion. Thank you guys for getting something started. Have a great day.


Rick Barringer
It's amazing 30 years have passed and as I look at the website dedicated to our class I hope I don't look as old as some of you. ( It's only a joke!!) It's been a long time since my hair was brown and there were no wrinkles. The picutres bring back many wonderful memories. I hope we will all be able to gather sometime this year and celebrate. I still live in Downingtown. I have owned my own DJ business for 26 years and spent 25 years in the broadcast industry. See You all soon!!


Hi everyone,friends,classmates: It's funny; I was so happy to get out of school; It had to be better, right? Weird thing is, that I often find myself thinking of the good care-free times that I shared with all of my friends/classmates. I guess school wasn't so bad after all. Friends, after high-school can never replace the close bond one makes through 12 years of school! For those of you that don't know; I suffered a massive stroke in "1984" I'm doing quite well. considering. I'm engaged to my best friend of 36 years. John graduated from D-town in "1978" He loves me for my uniqueness; or just puts up with me. I have 2 children. Kristen is 23; attending Villanova law school and Kevin is 15 in the 10th grade. They're both much smarter than I; or at least they think they are:typical kids! John and I live across the street from Hibernia Park; with the deer and chipmunks. I entertain my neighbors in the summer; by riding on the riding mower, cutting the grass with the use of just the right side of my body. Yep, even my right eye; legally blind on that side. lol: Debbie Rowley Richard


Anne McGee Chiccino
Ken,This is great. I recognized so many names. I still have my final grades, so I am going to see who I had in class.



Bernie Punt said...
Nice to see familar names from the past...except...who the hell are those guys?
Let me know of your next get together as I will try to get Kevin O'Brien's cross-dressing lardy arse to join me.


Karen Downing Brown said...
Thinking of 30 years brings back memories that someone seem like yesterday. Looking at those pictures, really does it. Drew Schwarts - where are you now? "Barney Mlller" hasn't changed. I could go on and on, but can't wait until we can get something going so we can do it in person.


Robert Di Berardinis said...
Hey nice to see current pics. Interesting how we've gotten better with age like a ha,ha,ha.
If I can help in anyway please let me know. I hope you are doing well. Ken thanks for the Blog! It's been geat reading up on the lifetime bio's. I guess I should add mine. After DHS, Penn State grad, 1st job in technology in King of Prussia for 7 yrs while living in Devon Pa. Worked with Dave Geene (where are you?), met my (still)beautiful wife there. After 7 yrs moved to Whitford Hills (D-Town)and went on to work for Phila Inquirer for the next 7 yrs, during which time 3 little Donlon's, Brook (Girl-14), Kevin, and Eric came along. We moved to Connecticut 10 yrs ago and are still here. We spend the majority of our time at youth sporting events, soccer, baseball, swimming, basketball, and getting away skiing and snowboarding as much as we can! My life in a paragraph! Oh, that's just grand! :) I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again, catching up, smacking a few golf balls around the links! Please where name tags and I apologize in advance for not recognizing or remmebering 75% of my fellow classmates! :) Mike Donlon



Looking for Kathy Murphy Iezzi!
Please send us your address!
Thanks!
Joyce Isabella Castaldi

Greetings Class of 77’. I have lived mainly in Texas since graduating from Penn State in 1982 with a Petroleum Engr. Degree. During this time I have lived in the Houston suburbs and in West Texas. I have been involved in various aspects of the upstream oil/gas industry ranging from drilling well evaluations to oil field operations. It was during this time, while working for Chevron, that I was fortunate to meet my sweet wife. Besides having her, I am also lucky to have 2 boys (14 & 16) and a 29 yr. old stepson. All are fine young men. Like other parents, they keep us busy with their extra curricular football and basketball activities.
Best regards. Joe Kneedler


Ed Kolar turned me on to the site. Thanks for keeping in touch.
All the best, David Zygmont
PS- Eugene McCarraher is on the faculty at Villanova University.



I have been married for almost 27 years to Craig and we have 2 young adults. Garrett is 25, graduated from James Madison Univ and now lives in California working for Tompson Financial. He plans on being transferred back to the East Coast and get serious about settling down..........Justin is 21 and is a senior at the Univ of Pittsburg studying Electrical Engineering, he has worked the past 2 summers at the Phila Navy Yard for an internship program in his field. Justin is a cancer survivor and continues to do well. I have worked 24 years for Macy*s. Working part time for many years to be at home with my children with full intentions of quitting some day. But an opportunity came my way and I took it. I am now the Staffing Director for the Pennsylvania Region, traveling to 20 stores. If anyone would like to meet me for lunch or cocktails one day when I visit Exton, let me know. My husband Craig and I have lived in Newtown Bucks County for 27 years enjoying playing golf and tennis. We travel to Avalon almost every weekend, go boating and to the Windrift, sort of like going to the scene of the crime since this is where we met. Would love to hear from old friends. lowstephanie@comcast.net Stephanie Smith Low

Went partying after graduation, left town before I sobbered up and have not been back. Married 28 years to a lovely lady Zoe who gave me 5 children.
Retired Army (tanks, recriuting) Currently a mechanic for the U.S. Postal Service in Harrisburg, Pa. Mike Epperson


Thinking of 30 years brings back memories that someone seem like yesterday. Looking at those pictures, really does it. Drew Schwarts - where are you now? "Barney Mlller" hasn't changed. I could go on and on, but can't wait until we can get something going so we can do it in person. Karen Downing Brown
Thank you to everyone who has helped put this reunion together. Look forward to seeing everyone this evening. Ginny Martin Nestlerode
Wow, you guys got old, sorry I missed it. Maybe next time. Rusty

17 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man after seeing those mugs I don't look so old..... lol. Hey Ken let me know when your next get together is. Anybody golf maybe we can get an outing in the spring.

 
At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man those mugs ought to be on america's most wanted.....lol
hey Ken let me know when your next get together is.

 
At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of 30 years brings back memories that someone seem like yesterday. Looking at those pictures, really does it. Drew Schwarts - where are you now? "Barney Mlller" hasn't changed. I could go on and on, but can't wait until we can get something going so we can do it in person.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Robert Di Berardinis said...

Hey nice to see current pics. Interesting how we've gotten better with age like a ha,ha,ha.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Robert Di Berardinis said...

here is my email addy to contact me on the reunion plans rdiberardinis@juno.com

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ken,
This is great. I recognized so many names. I still have my final grades, so I am going to see who I had in class. Anne

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger M_Donlon said...

Greatings all! Ken thanks for the Blog! It's been geat reading up on the lifetime bio's. I guess I should add mine.

After DHS, Penn State grad, 1st job in technology in King of Prussia for 7 yrs while living in Devon Pa. Worked with Dave Geene (where are you?), met my (still)beautiful wife there. After 7 yrs moved to Whitford Hills (D-Town)and went on to work for Phila Inquirer for the next 7 yrs, during which time 3 little Donlon's, Brook (Girl-14), Kevin, and Eric came along. We moved to Connecticut 10 yrs ago and are still here. We spend the majority of our time at youth sporting events, soccer, baseball, swimming, basketball, and getting away skiing and snowboarding as much as we can!

My life in a paragraph! Oh, that's just grand! :)

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again, catching up, smacking a few golf balls around the links!

Please where name tags and I apologize in advance for not recognizing or remmebering 75% of my fellow classmates! :)

Mike Donlon

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Joyce Isabella Castaldi said...

Looking for Kathy Murphy Iezzi!
Please send us your address!
Thanks!
Joyce Isabella Castaldi

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Joyce Isabella Castaldi said...

Hi Everyone!
I'm looking forward to hearing from you regarding your memories of the class of '77. Please e-mail me so I can post you comments in our reunion memory booklet. We need your input! So... In the past 30 years your most memorable experience at DHS was.........
Thanks all! Looking forward to seeing you at the reunion. Don't have a ticket? You can still get one! Have a great Day!

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Ginny Martin Nestlerode said...

Thank you to everyone who has helped put this reunion together. Look forward to seeing everyone this evening.
Ginny Martin Nestlerode

 
At 4:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys got old, sorry I missed it. Maybe next time.
Rusty

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the Blog inactive? Does anyone administer the site?

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was fun to read and get an update on everyone. About 6 years ago I posted a comment on classmates.com in hopes of finding old friends. I did get a chance to correspond with Bernie Punt and Bill Roepe (Thanks guys). But I am still looking for Jack Waiboer, Tim Velte, Craig Thomas and Bob Golding. If anyone knows their where abouts pass on my e-mail Mike.Waldrop@comcast.net.

I really enjoyed reading all the posts, I saw mine from classmates.com Thanks to who ever did that. Looking forward to the next reunion, I missed 30. Sad to read about all the passings already, even thought the class of 77 is turning 50 this year (YIKES) it is way to young to cross the finish line.

Take care all.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Terri Evoli said...

Hello this Terri Evoli been real nice to see the high school 1977 web page I have seen some people that were searching for me my contact is evoli58@yahoo.com hope to hear from some of my classmates..

 
At 10:33 PM, Anonymous steve hart said...

lol, hard to believe its been 34 years since we graduated. i have a daughter also who is fantastic!!! she will be 26 this year! im so proud of her!!!!

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello to all from the class of 1977. This is exciting news and will look forward to seeing you all again. How many years has it been?
Kelli

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Class of 1977. I'd like to attend any future reunions. I spent 11 years in the district and grew up in Chester Springs. My 5 older siblings all graduated DHS. I transferred out of the district for 11th & 12th but went to school with many of you since kindergarten. Most of you will know me by Mitchell. I'm a realtor in southwest Florida. I graduated Weslyan University in Middletown, CT, worked at the state Capitol and was elected to public office. I've owned several successful businesses. Divorced with one child who is in the Army and deployed to Sinai, Egypt. If you are vacationing here or plan to retire in Florida, feel free to contact me. I'd enjoy visiting, showing you the area or helping you find a rental or home. Cindy O'Hara (Mitchell) 941-661-6797 call, text or email.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home